Main menu

Pages

Board Sports Therapy - A Short Skateboarding Documentary

+-Board Sports Therapy

 I've been skating for about ten years and when I was around 14 I managed to dislocate, my knee and tear my ACL I had to do a bit of rehabilitations for a surgery that I had to get to recorrect and fix my knee and then post says reacts after month about nine months .

physiotherapy exercises whilst I was doing that I think that's where I just kind of discovered bit of a passion for just exercise base rehabilitation when I initially did my knee so I tore my ACL and that created an instability with the money I had to wait for my surgery .

but you know as all skateboarders do I couldn't stop skateboarding , at that point so every time I went back to skateboarding  you know I'd reinjure myself and I dislocated my knee again it's a vicious you know cycle you go back into it because you love skating and you can't stop skating it is it's difficult and I think that's something .

 that a lot of skaters deal with as well is sometimes they don't know how to properly help ,

themselves heal or rest or recover from any type of injury it's that skate or die attitude you know where people you know generally don't look after the health as much as say a footballer would they would normally stretch after a session you know they don't take food with them they don't eat raw healthy maybe vegetarian , vegan type foods you know and there is a bit of a party lifestyle aspect sometimes especially on like toys you know when people go out with the teams and it's sort of like drinking smoking you know they do that type of stuff and that is the stereotype of it but I think there is a change that's coming within skateboarding.

and you can see it within the top professionals Paul Rodriguez Neen Williams , Tebow Walker like these are all guys that are starting to post you know some of their exercise routines the the foods that they make and they take on their sessions , with them and you know the techniques that they do to recover from a skate session this changes this focus that we're having more now on health is quite recent so there's an older generation of skateboarders .

 you know the pros back in the 80s and the 70s these skateboarders , may not have focused as much on health you know not taking care of your body it carries on into later life and some of these skateboarders .

 who were back in their prime on their board they they can't put in that same sort of effort because their body has become so bad and they haven't maintained it and that's due to the lifestyle you know the party lifestyle a focus on health is gonna be really crucial for the next generation of skateboarders coming around with the rise of the 2020 Olympics and skateboarding for the first time being in the Olympics .

 there's gonna be a  massive influx of kids who want to learn the skateboard and they're gonna start skateboarder and what's gonna happen is they're gonna look at these high-level professionals .

looking after their health and taking care of their bodies they're gonna look at them and go right so I need to look after my health and I need  to take care of my body and that's something that is going to be really crucial in keeping the next generation of skateboarders .

 healthy and just  progressing the sport in general there  is a growing community of therapists  whether that be physiotherapists you know coaches sports rehabbers like myself that are focused on skateboarding so these are therapists that skateboard.

 themselves you have the daily push for the skateboard physio you also have dr. Kyle Brown and he's working with you know Siebel Walker as well he goes to him for advice and these are all just people that you can reach out to in your community it's something that people need to tap into just so they can you know progress within skateboarding avoid injuries prevent further injuries as well as you know looking after yourself generally it's going to help you skate better and for longer .



تعليقات